Hi there Tickled Pink fans! Spring is just around the corner and I’ve got some tips for everyone’s favorite chore – Spring Cleaning! Well, maybe not! Not all women love to clean and I am one of them, to be honest. I’m really not a typical housewife. I take care of the little lady, the grocery shopping, and the cooking. I hate cleaning and thank God for a hubby who does almost all of the cleaning around our home. But taking time to declutter? No, thank you very much, but I would like to begin spring in a clean house. Who wouldn’t, right?
Here are some things that come to my mind when I think of getting rid of clutter:
- Start with just one room at a time
- Determine whether you want to keep, trash, give away, or sell it
- Use boxes or plastic bins to sort things
- Make a box for when you really do not know what to do with it,
- Don’t stress out! If you get overwhelmed, you can always leave it and come back the next day to start de-cluttering again!
Cleaning your closets can also be a good thing to do as part of Spring Cleaning chores. Also, take a look in the kitchen. Here are some examples of areas where you can reduce clutter:
- Kitchen utensils
- Your hard-drive
- Your blog
- Kids’ room
- Sheets and towels that may be worn out
- Books and movies your kids have outgrown
- You can even declutter your pantry or freezer!
If you have tips and tricks I would love for you to share them in the comments! Maybe it can help to motivate me to declutter my own house. Good luck & happy Spring Cleaning!